For tourists and locals alike looking for hiking and Mountain Biking in Phoenix and Scottsdale, the Wild Bunch Desert Guides offer a mouthwatering menu of private adventure tours for our excitement-hungry guests to savor and enjoy in Arizona’s legendary “Valley of the Sun.”
Try not to drool too much as we describe the delicious main dishes made fresh daily and served up piping hot by the Wild Bunch:
- Easily the most-popular menu items are private guided tours for both hiking and Mountain Biking in the picturesque Sonoran Desert. These Wild Bunch adventure trips vary in duration and intensity by taking advantage of our local knowledge of nearly 300 miles of trails. Equipment is provided on all these escorted tours, from backpacks for both hiking and Mountain Biking to the bikes, helmets and gloves needed to ride. Each of these Arizona daytrips is private – only you and/or your travel party. From drinks and snacks to trail difficulties to pick-up-and-drop-off transportation – every detail is customized for the guest during our detailed booking process. Guests also can request experiencing a breathtaking desert sunrise or sunset on these guided adventures. The Wild Bunch hiking and Mountain Biking offerings also have provided compliment-filled group outings and out-of-the-ordinary retreats for large corporations and small local businesses alike, as well as industry conferences and service organizations.
- The “scoop of the day” is a delectable double shot of adrenaline for the most ravenous – the appetizing combination of both Hiking and Mountain Biking on the same day in the desert. The Wild Bunch literally packs a lunch for guests on these sometimes seven-hour adventure tours. Most guests on the “2X The Fun Tour” begin their endurance challenge with 2-3 hours of Mountain Biking before breaking for that free lunch and then, for dessert, polishing off a couple more hours of exploring the wonderous desert landscape on foot.
This gourmet menu of guided tours and adventure trips had the Wild Bunch Desert Guides rated No. 8 among 104 Outdoor Activities in Scottsdale in the most-recent Tripadvisor rankings as of Dec. 2020.
That amounts to a blue-ribbon dish for a small boutique service that started as a dream in 2016 but has quickly ascended to five-star, top-rated status by Tripadvisor, Yelp, Google and Facebook despite competing against larger adventure travel tour companies in the legendary “Valley of the Sun.”
Because we remain a small, local mom-and-pop specialty shop, the Wild Bunch Desert Guides deliver a personal touch and countless extras you will not see from other adventure tour companies. From the detailed follow-up in the booking process, to the drinks and special snacks provided during our guided tours, guests are delighted to discover the homespun hospitality and personal care everyone craves when traveling.
Why should tourists visiting Arizona consider booking guided tours from adventure travel companies such as the Wild Bunch Desert Guides?
- Maximum fun, zero worries. Our guides take great care of you by taking care of all the details needed on Wild Bunch adventure tours and showing you the best places for the best memories;
- The Sonoran Desert can be dangerous. Wild Bunch guides look out for your well-being and provides all the water necessary for incredibly safe and extremely fun adventure trips. In the event someone is unfortunately injured, though, our guides are medically trained to provide first aid;
- No wrong turns or getting lost on Wild Bunch adventure tours. With our guides, there is no need to pour over a map and take your eyes off the beautiful surroundings and once-in-a-lifetime experiences;
- Wild Bunch guides are not only great educational tools on escorted adventures -- able to tell you better than Siri about everything local from flora to fauna -- our pathfinders also are plenty entertaining people, who can offer everything from great stories to local knowledge of the best places to dine;
- Bottom line? You already plunked down your hard-earned cash on a fantastic Arizona vacation or business trip to Phoenix. Now, let our guides help ensure you are getting all the bang for those bucks by making sure you have all the postcard-worthy photos and lifetime memories you wish.
The Wild Bunch Desert Guides serve everybody with their private tours, from individuals to large groups, and from experts to beginners.
However, the Wild Bunch specializes in kids and families, and feel we are uniquely qualified among adventure travel tour companies because of our emphasis on the personal touch.
The Wild Bunch also realize the awesome responsibility of working with children and our guides embrace that role knowing if they do their jobs correctly, kids will love a healthy activity for the rest of their life AND have unforgettable memories from their family vacation. That is why we put our heart and soul into kids, because we know there is nothing more important than family.
Why else should families vacationing in Phoenix book guided tours and adventure trips with the Wild Bunch Desert Guides?
- Imagine going to Disney and having Mickey Mouse personally show you around. NO LINES! You get the red carpet, Rockstar-treatment combined with the back-lot tour from Wild Bunch, too. The exception: These “roller-coasters” are real;
- Our escorted adventures are the opposite of the boring bus tour of local landmarks. With the Wild Bunch, you get to touch and feel the surroundings and natural monuments while getting plenty of exercise. Shoot, you might even get to hug or taste a cactus;
- Marking a birthday or anniversary with one of our guided adventures? Let us know so we make sure your special occasion is extra special;
- Also be sure to dish on your family so we can be sure to surprise everybody with their favorite snacks on their private escorted adventure;
- Guided tours are a great way for the kids to learn while also having an absolute blast;
- The parents can have fun, too. And, they do not have to lug around a bunch of souvenirs;
- Instead of being cooped up indoors, we are outside having fun-in-the sun! So, adventure tours are COVID-19 friendly – plenty of Social Distancing to go around!
One bummer: The Wild Bunch Desert Guides are not a day-care service, so adults do have to be present on every escorted adventure.
However, with our detailed booking process, we can ensure to serve everyone’s skill set -- that way, the kids can go at their own speed, and the adults do not have to remain back at the resort (ha). Seriously, there are trails to work for everyone in the family, whether hiking or Mountain Biking.
The only disqualifying requirement if planning to Mountain Bike: Children must be able to ride a bike without training wheels. Otherwise, the Wild Bunch has appropriately sized Mountain Bikes for kids, too!
Feeling hungry? Finally ready for us to cook you up a good time? Go to our guided adventures menu and order a heaping helping of fun now so the Wild Bunch Desert Guides can serve up your precious family memories.
Please Note: We are no longer offering Camelback Mountain hiking tours.